Amway, which was founded over fifty years ago, touts more than 21,000 global employees and is one of the world’s largest direct-selling businesses. They focus on providing opportunities to business-minded people in more than 100 companies.
Because of the large scale of their organization, Amway needed a flexible, scalable, and agile Infrastructure.
Amway needed to provide Resiliency, Availability, and Supportability (RAS), data protection and availability, simplification, reporting and monitoring, data validation, and a DR testing sandbox.
AHEAD then completed the following initiatives:
- Standardized on a platform and technology that is enterprise-class, best of breed, and industry proven
- Leveraged value-added engineering through pre-certified backup software and hardware
- Introduced an enterprise cloud ready data protection solution by leveraging cloud-enabled data management platform, remediating tape, and moving to a cloud for long-term retention
- Reduce Backup Windows
- Integrate With VMware | AWS | Azure
- Simplify Management And Reporting
- Reduce Recovery Times | Remediate Tape
- Integrate with ServiceNow Orchestration
Other initiatives include:
- Centralized management with metrics and data analytics
- Optimized replication with dedupe/ compression/ encryption
- Provided data integrity checks on all written data
- DR Testing – automation & orchestration with ServiceNow