As COVID-19 continues to alter the way organizations work, the AHEAD team has compiled a list of resources and special offers available from our infrastructure partners.
This post was last updated on May 8, 2020.
- AppDynamics is offering free access to its application performance monitoring tools.
- Users can secure up to 100 free licenses through this offer.
- Additionally, customers who have purchased the AppDynamics Visibility Pack can have their licenses extended or re-activated for 90 days.
- Citrix has new offerings that allow users to quickly adopt remote work and continue business operations.
- Existing users of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop will be able to quickly scale their current environment to more employees.
- Special offers will be available for Citrix Managed Desktops, a fully managed Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) running on Microsoft Azure.
- Small businesses that lack the resources to establish business continuity programs and deploy remote work technologies can utilize a new, entry-level version of Citrix Workspace.
- Microsoft is providing free 6-month Office 365 E1 trial that includes Microsoft Teams. This version includes:
- Unlimited chat
- Built-in group and one-on-one audio or video calling
- 10GB of team file storage and 2 GB of personal file storage per user
- Office apps for web including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote
- Cisco has enhanced its free WebEx accounts with additional features to make working remotely easier. Additional features include:
- Full-featured HD video meetings
- Screen sharing and recording with up to 1GB of cloud storage
- WebEx Teams unlimited messaging
- Unlimited usage with no time restrictions
- Support for up to 100 participants
- Toll dial-in in addition to existing VoIP capabilities
- Cisco is offering existing WebEx customers flexible expansion options.
- Cisco has special offers on security tools including Umbrella, Duo, and AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client to help enhance remote worker security:
- New customers can access a free 90-day trial license.
- Existing customers have access to flexible upgrade options for expanded capacity and upgraded licenses.
- To help customers expand or deploy new Citrix or VMware Horizon environments, Cisco has released special HyperFlex pre-configured VDI starter and expansion bundles with prioritized two- to three-week lead times. Bundles will include a 180-day free subscription of Intersight Essentials.
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Through July 31, 2020, customers will be entitled to a free 90-day trial of VMware Horizon 7 on VMware Cloud on AWS for up to 100 users.
- Amazon Chime: AWS offers free use of all Amazon Chime Pro features for online meetings and video conferencing from March 4 – June 30, 2020 for all customers who begin using Amazon Chime from their AWS account for the first time during this period.
- Amazon WorkSpaces: From April 1 – June 30, 2020 AWS will offer free use of Amazon WorkSpaces with its Standard, Value, and Performance bundles for up to 50 WorkSpaces accounts. This offer is available to all new customers who begin using WorkSpaces from their AWS account during this time period.
- Amazon WorkDocs: From March 16 – June 30, 2020, AWS will offer free use of all Amazon WorkDocs features with 1TB of storage per user for up to 50 users. This offer is available to all new customers who begin using WorkDocs from their AWS account during this time period. This offer does not include any Amazon WorkSpaces and WorkDocs bundle offerings.
- Amazon AppStream 2.0: As part of the AWS Free Tier, customers can use Amazon AppStream 2.0 free for 40 hours per month of the stream.standard.large instance type when using Image Builder.
- Amazon Connect: As part of the AWS Free Tier, Amazon Connect can be used free for the first 12 months with a total of 90 minutes per month. This offer includes:
- A local direct inward dial (DID) number
- 30 minutes per month of local inbound calls
- 30 minutes per month of local outbound calls
- a US toll-free number with 30 minutes per month of inbound calls
- 500 chat messages per month
- AWS provides free evaluation of managed desktop, managed application, and managed document and collaboration services for customers impacted by remote work and student scenarios. Customers with existing AWS environments can leverage these services to quickly provide secure and scalable access to core business and educational services without investing in additional equipment or long-term subscription commitments.
- Cost-optimization is an option for existing AWS environments. Examples include:
- Guided reviews of Cost Explorer recommendations
- Reserved Instance subscription recommendations
- Use cases for Spot Instances
- Cleanup of unused/unneeded resources
- Scheduled stop/start of non-production infrastructure.
- For more information on cost-optimization for AWS, contact our team.
- ServiceNow has committed to maintaining virtually 100% uptime for instances to ensure its users can continue their operations.
- They have launched four new community apps to help customers (including government agencies and enterprises) manage complex emergency response workflows.
- VMware is helping customers get started or expand Virtual Desktops and applications as a remote workforce solution.
- They are offering Horizon Cloud on Azure for 45 Days for free of Charge along with a Workspace ONE 30-day trial that can be extended to 6 months with assistance from the AHEAD and VMware EUC Sales teams.
- Lakeside Software is offering a free remote work planning tool to help prepare your IT environment for remote work needs. The tool offers visibility into:
- Current device and mobility composition
- Critical applications by user
- Performance baselines
- End-user experience baselines
- Remote work compatibility by user
- Palo Alto is offering a free 90-day GlobalProtect subscription trial to enable instant remote access capacity on existing infrastructure.
- The company is also offering a no-cost QuickStart Professional Services onboarding of its scalable cloud service, Prisma Access. Existing Prisma Access customers will receive additional capacity coverage for 90 days at no extra cost.
- Rubrik is offering its ransomware detection subscription, Polaris Radar, to current Rubrik customers through July 10 at no additional charge.
- Nutanix is offering remote work enablement through a 30-day free trial of Frame.
- Unlimited users
- Any app, any browser
- Any cloud provider
We will update this list as more offerings and services become available. If you have questions about your remote work or end-user computing needs, please reach out to the AHEAD team.