AHEAD builds platforms for digital business. By weaving together advances in cloud infrastructure, automation and analytics, and software delivery, we help enterprises deliver on the promise of digital transformation.
Cloud Services Manager
(Cloud Engineering Manager)
The Cloud Services Manager is a highly-skilled technical expert and project lead, with significant in-depth, hands-on experience architecting, designing, developing, and deploying technology. The Cloud Services Manager is responsible for successful services of high-quality, profitable services to enterprise clients as well as financial and resource management within their specific service area. The Cloud Services Manager has responsibility for understanding, planning, and leading the services of cloud and automation solutions for clients. This individual acts as a trusted adviser on technology-related topics including technology strategy, framing the business value coming from AHEAD initiatives, and articulating how this work enables clients to meet their business goals and objectives.
The Cloud Services Manager, in cooperation with Practice leadership, provides technical vision and leadership to the Practice teams. The Manager advises teams on technical issues and their business implications using their expertise in AHEAD's core technology competencies.
The Cloud Services Manager works with peer Service Managers to ensure that a client’s technical expectations are met appropriately. The Cloud Services Manager will act as coach, guide, and mentor to team members and are responsible for the personal and professional growth of those on their team.
- Acts as both a Player & Coach to the team. Anticipated billable project utilization is 25%.
- Coach, mentor, and develop direct reports, including overseeing new employee onboarding.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through group meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, IM, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals.
- Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization that emphasizes the identified values and guiding principles.
- Ensures career pathing for all Engineers/Architects within the discipline. This includes tracking education & certifications.
- Enforces adherence to AHEAD’s Service Delivery/Innovation Frameworks and overall quality of deliverables.
- Act as technical lead on cloud services projects, when required.
- Assist with developing staffing plans and process improvement.
- Assigns, monitors, and provides technical and analytical support to the team.
- Schedule professional development activities, workshops, and evaluations. Discuss, record, and communicate individual’s long and short term professional development goals, and make recommendations on training material and methodology.
- Maintain technical credibility within the industry and the field through demonstration and thought leadership.
- Work collaboratively with internal product and engineering organizations during the development, launch, and continued refinement of products and solutions.
- Provide expert technical architectural support and guidance for solution opportunities that involve public cloud, cloud management platforms, automation, DevOps, and configuration management, and integration with specific select third party products.
- Advise customers on best practices, frameworks, and pricing models for current and up-and-coming technologies.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of technical solution areas and develop new technology integrations and solution capabilities.
- Participate in the pre-sales opportunity assessment process to understand client's business, technical objectives, and product requirements.
- Work with client services team to map design into a product/services roadmap to help the client solve its objective.
- Support sales efforts with client services management teams.
- Take ownership of the initiatives and programs to aid in delivering of solutions.
- Act as a lead technologist and maintain a broad understanding of cloud and automation technologies.
- Coordinates multidisciplinary team approach from design through implementation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with partner training organizations and document the partner facilitated training available for the Services team.
- Works with management to obtain direction and business needs.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience architecting and configuring cloud and automation solutions.
- Possess a broad base of technical skills, business acumen, and a strong desire to support the client.
- Experience managing, mentoring, and coaching people.
- Understand the detail behind the implemented solution and have the ability to communicate the high level vision with the client.
- Think past the products and create solutions to meet the business/IT needs.
- Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the client, third parties, and the team.
- Encompass strong listening and interpersonal skills, an ability to solve complex problems, a big picture mentality, and an aptitude to visualize the solution.
- Able to foster teamwork among the client services teams.
- Ability to manage a team environment.
- Proven troubleshooting & problem solving ability
- Presentation and facilitation of executive level meetings, group presentations, and collaborative technical workshops.
- Maintain and foster with a top priority driving our client’s success
- Transparent management
- Work alongside and collaborate with industry experts
- Investment in training & development
- Incentives for certifications
- Ability to make an immediate impact
- Unlimited PTO
- Outstanding lab