AHEAD builds platforms for digital business. By weaving together advances in cloud infrastructure, automation and analytics, and software delivery, we help enterprises deliver on the promise of digital transformation.
The Cloud Engineer will serve as a technical thought leader and SME for our Cloud/DevOps ecosystem of partners, customers, and service providers. You will assist in leading a team that builds automation and services in order to make operating a massive large scale distributed system simple. You will make the development software workflow and systems management integrate together and achieve their objectives of reliability and scalability.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Architect, design, and implement cloud-based solutions for AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Support of local operations and development teams in their work on databases, back-end software development, front-end websites, and other mission-critical systems
- Lead architecture with containerization related management stacks like Kubernetes, Docker, Swarm.
- Lead and take part in cloud readiness assessments, workshops, roadmap, and application modernization discussions
- Lead cloud architecting sessions with business and technology owners
- Develop automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes
- Provide systems support in and out of office hours
- Travel as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field
- Strong project and product management experience
- Background in DevOps, Software Development, Site Reliability, or Systems Engineering
- Experience with containerization related management stacks like Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes.
- Strong understanding of microservice architectures, principles and patterns.
- 5+ years of relevant, engineering experience
- Public Cloud infrastructure expertise: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk, Azure, Rackspace, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with configuration management and continuous deployment
- Experience working with multiple data centers and servers
- Experience with *NIX system administration, Java, Linux/Unix, Perl and Python
- Linux System Administration, ideally CentOS, RedHat or SuSE
- Apache, PHP, Java and MySQL expertise
- Good familiarity with TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Great communication skills coupled with a strong desire for personal development and learning
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated technical leadership
- Client relationship skills and experience managing vendors
- Experience with Nagios, Nginx or Cisco software environments
- Familiar with deployment tools such as Vagrant, Chef or Puppet, Saltstack, and Ansible.
- Understanding of scaling technologies and solutions
- Security, penetration testing and threat detection tools
- Understanding of servers, storage, and networking roles
- Transparent management
- Work alongside and collaborate with industry experts
- Investment in training & development
- Incentives for certifications
- Ability to make an immediate impact
- Unlimited PTO
- Outstanding lab